Use up some old bread and create yourself some bread pudding. Delicious for a dessert or breakfast item.
- 1 loaf day-old challah bread cubed into 1-inch pieces
- 5 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins optional
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place the cubed challah bread into the prepared baking dish and spread it around into an even layer. Set aside.
- In a very large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, milk, vanilla, nutmeg, and cinnamon until fully combined. Pour the mixture evenly over the bread in the prepared baking pan, making sure all of the bread is coated. Allow to sit and soak up the mixture for about 15 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 350°F .Once the 15 minutes is over, place the bread pudding in the oven and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until the top is set.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.