Key Lime Pie
- 1 6 oz store-bought prepared graham cracker crust (or you can make your own)
- 2 8 oz each cream cheese, softened
- 1 can 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup key lime juice find by lemon juice if not, regular lime juice is fine.
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
KEY LIME WHIPPED CREAM
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon key lime juice
- zest of lime
- In a bowl with a hand mixer, or bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the softened cream cheese, and sweetened condensed milk until combined and no lumps remain.
- Add in the key lime juice and powdered sugar and blend until combined. Pour mixture into the prepared graham cracker crust and smooth out the top.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight, or at least 8 hours, but overnight is preferred.
Key Lime Whipped Cream
- When ready to serve combine the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and key lime juice into a bowl. Beat together until thick and stiff peaks form. Spread on top of the pie or put inside a piping bag with a tip and pipe it on top of the pie.
- You can either mix the lime zest into the whipped cream or zest it on top of the pie.