Instant Pot Beef Stew is full of flavor and made quickly in the Instant Pot
You know what? This is like the 8th recipe I have added today. Instant Pot Beef Stew and I keep getting told on my site that I need to add more words to make SEO better. What’s weird though is that I’m pretty sure nobody reads all the nonsense about the recipe unless it is step-by-step instructions (which I don’t have for this recipe yet). So, I will just leave the recipe for you!
Instant Pot Beef Stew
- 2 to 2 1/2 lbs stew beef or beef chuck roast Cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 1/2 cups celery chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 cups beef stock
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 1/2 lb baby potatoes halved, about 4 cups
- 1 1/2 cups carrots cut roughly
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- fresh herbs to garnish when serving (optional)
- Turn your Instant Pot to the sauté setting. When it's hot, add your olive oil and then your stew meat. Sauté your beef until browned stirring constantly.
- Add onion, celery, and minced garlic to the Instant Pot. Stir until onion gets translucent, Press the cancel button to stop sautéing.
- Pour the balsamic vinegar in the Instant Pot first to deglaze the bottom. Use a spatula and scrape up any of those amazing bits that caramelized and may be stuck after sautéing.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Seal the Instant Pot. Set it to Pressure Cook (or Manual, depending on the model Instant Pot you have) on high pressure for 30 minutes.
- Once cooking is complete, natural release pressure for at least 10 minutes. DONT quick release.
- Ladle into bowls and top with chopped fresh herbs. Enjoy!