Sugar Cream Pie has a wonderful custard texture and all the flavors of sweet cream, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a buttery, flaky homemade crust!
Sugar Cream Pie
Sugar cream pie has a custard texture and all the flavors of sweet cream, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a buttery, flaky homemade crust!
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 homemade or store-bought pie crust
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Roll out pie crust and transfer to a pie plate. Crimp the edges and poke holes in the bottom and sides. Line the crust with parchment paper or aluminum foil then fill with pie weights, dried beans, rice, or even sugar. Bake for 15-16 minutes, then remove the weights and paper or foil and bake for another 7-8 minutes until partially baked.
- Decrease oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the sugar and cornstarch. Add the cream and whisk, then cook and stir over medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon.
- Continue to cook and stir constantly for 1-2 minutes while the filling boils gently until thickened. Remove from the heat and stir in the butter and vanilla until the butter is melted.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust and sprinkle with the cinnamon and sugar. Bake for 25 minutes at 325 degrees F. The center will still be jiggly but the pie will continue to set as it cools.
- Cool completely at room temperature then refrigerate until firm, about 4 hours. Serve cold or at room temperature.