Ham and potato soup is a hearty, comforting soup made in the slow cooker.
I love my crockpot and use it as often as possible. I love getting our dinner ready and out of the way early on and using the crockpot makes that much easier, that way I can get the things to do on my list out of the way without thinking about dinner later that afternoon.
This crockpot soup is so good and a great way to use leftover ham or you can just go to the deli and get cubed ham. It smells amazing while it’s cooking. Serve with some fresh baked bread and a salad and you have yourself a winning meal.
Be sure to save the recipe to your Pinterest boards.
- 8 cups russet potatoes diced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 larked carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 16 oz ham cubed
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Add the potatoes, onion, carrot, celery, ham, salt, pepper, broth to slow cooker and cook on low 7-8 hours, or high 4-5 hours.
- Using a potato masher, mash about 1/3 of the potatoes.
- Add flour, heavy cream, sour cream and stir everything together.
- Cover and cook on high for an additional 15 minutes.