Cocoa rice using Rice Select Arborio rice.
- 3 cups RiceSelect Arborio rice
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups coconut milk or evaporated milk
- 2 1/2 cup sugar 1 orange leaf - Optional can use an orange peel or a dash of orange extract optional, LAUMOLI
- 1 cup cocoa powder or koko Samoa
- In a large pot combine rice and water and bring it to a boil.
- Stir in coconut milk.
- Add sugar, orange leaf or peel.
- Mix cocoa (or Koko samoa) with hot water to form a thick liquid.
- Add to the pot making sure that the cocoa is fully mixed into the liquid in the pot. Bring to a boil. Remove orange leaf. Add more sugar to taste if you’d like it sweeter.
- Cook on stovetop over medium heat until rice is tender. Cocoa rice should resemble a thick soup. Serve while warm.
Share this Recipe