Easiest potatoes made in the instant pot.
Once you make mashed potatoes this way you’ll never go back. Make it even easier by using your hand mixer to mash it all together. You get the fluffiest potatoes. So good!
- 3 lbs potatoes peeled and sliced
- 4-5 cups water to cover potatoes
- 2 tsp salt divided
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup m ilk
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp peppe
- Place the peeled and sliced potatoes into the bottom of the instant pot. Cover with water and add 1 tsp of salt. Place lid on the instant pot and set the valve to seal.
- Cook on manual pressure for 8 minutes. When times goes off, turn the instant pot off. Quick release the pressure from the pot.
- Drain the potatoes and return to the instant pot.
- Add the remaining salt, pepper, garlic powder, butter, milk and sour cream to the potatoes. Mash until smooth. I use my hand mixer to mix it and it works amazing.
- Serve topped with parsley if desired.
This can be doubled in a 6 or 8 quart instant pot. There is no need to cut the potatoes in small chunks, slice into rounds or just in half.
Share this Recipe