Creamy pork chops and rice are easy and flavorful. A great recipe for family dinner.
This is one of my favorite recipes because I can just throw the entire thing in the oven and everyone loves it. It really is the ugliest dishes to photograph and I made it the other night and just took a quick photo with my phone before we ate it. I just wanted to get it on for you since I know so many are looking for recipes with items they have in their pantry to feed their families. Enjoy!
- 2 tbs vegetable oil or olive oil
- 4-5 boneless pork chops
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp dried rosemary divided
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup 10 oz
- 1 can cream of chicken soup 10 oz
- 1-1/2 cups milk or chicken stock
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1/2 cup butter
- Heat oven to 275 F.
- Season pork chops on both sides with salt, pepper, onion powder and 1 tsp of rosemary. In large saute pan add vegetable oil and brown pork chops on both sides. Remove from heat and place in a 13x9 pan, set aside.
- In medium saucepan add soups, remaining rosemary and thyme and whisk together. Stir in rice. add butter and bring to a gentle boil until butter is melted.
- Pour over pork chops, cover with tinfoil and bake for 2 hours.