Delicious hot fudge pudding cake is a rich, chocolate dessert. While the cake bakes it creates it’s own fudge. Perfect when served with vanilla ice cream.
This cake has got to be one of my favorite desserts of all time. It brings back childhood memories. I remember my grandma and mom making this and also eating it at Chuck-A-Rama…haha.
It is warm and gooey and when served with vanilla ice cream or dessert it instantly turns into a favorite.
This recipe is for a 9 inch baking dish. I usually double the recipe and use a 13×9 inch pan. We have a family of 7 and this is so good everyone usually goes back for more so double the recipe if you feel like you’ll be in the same situation.
Be sure to save this recipe to your dessert board for later.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups boiling water
- Heat oven to 350F degrees. Lightly grease a 9-inch square baking pan. This recipe also doubles easily to a 13x9 pan. Pre-boil water in a kettle or pot while preparing cake.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Add in milk, butter and vanilla; whisk until batter is smooth (there will be a little bit of lumps).
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan and spread evenly.
- Combine together the 1/2 cup sugar, brown sugar and cocoa powder. Sprinkle mixture over the batter. Slowly pour the boiling water over the top. DO NOT STIR the water into the batter, just let it sit on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until center is almost set.Remove from the oven. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream. Spoon fudge sauce from the bottom of the pan over the top of served cake. Enjoy!