Delicious banana muffins filled with your favorite chocolate. Perfect for breakfast or a snack.
These are probably one of my favorite muffins to make. They are so simple, can be made in one bowl, and are just so delicious.
I always use over ripped bananas. Make sure they are soft and brown (the darker the better) because those kind of bananas are the best and most sweet. If you have green or yellow bananas, just wait a few more days before making these muffins. You do not want to use just any regular old banana for these, make sure they are dark and ready for muffin making.
Mash your bananas and then add in your oil, honey, eggs, and vanilla. Mix until combined and then add in your dry ingredients. Stirl until combined and then gently stir in your chocolate! Using a cookie scoop fill your muffin cups and then bake at 350 degrees F for 16-18 minutes. When muffins are finished and warm you can add a couple of chocolate chunks to the top to make them pretty and sprinkle on some sea salt flakes!
Simple. Easy. Delicious.
Be sure to save the recipe to your PINTEREST board.
- 4 cup medium overly ripe bananas mashed (about 1 1/4mashed)
- 1/4 cup canola vegetable, or melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour or all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chunks
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the mashed bananas, oil, honey, eggs, and vanilla until combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and salt, mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups. Transfer to the oven and bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve muffins warm or room temperature, they are fabulous with some honey butter.