This perfect cookie will remind you of your favorite candy bar. Filled with chocolate, coconut, and almonds.
I had some leftover coconut from my coconut cream pies so I decided to make some Almond Joy cookies. They are so delcious and easy. They are chewy and crunchy and full of flavor. I added some chunks of sea salt chocolate to the top when they were still warm to make them pretty and even more delicious.It was super dark last night when I baked them (Thank you Utah winters where it gets dark at 4:00), but I wanted to share the recipe with you so I quickly took some photos. Sorry they aren’t the best, but I guarantee you the cookies are.
Make sure you don’t overcrowd them on the cookie sheet.
This is a cookie you will want to take to your cookie exchange or even leave for Santa.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes shredded coconut
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In small bowl whisk to combine flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Using mixer cream butter and sugars. Add vanilla and egg and mix just until incorporated. Slowly blend the dry mixture into the creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips, coconut flakes and sliced almonds.
- Using cookie scoop, drop by rounded spoonfuls onto parchment covered cookie sheets. Bake for 9-12 minutes. Allow to cool for ten minutes before moving to cookie cooling racks.