Delicious bacon cheeseburger filling layered on top of cheese and bread make this casserole one that you will want to make over and over again.
If you’re looking for something new to make for lunch or dinner you need not look any further. THis casserole is full of flavor and when served with a salad and some fruit you have a meal that makes everyone happy.
You’ll brown up some ground beef, onions and throw in some seasoning. Make some bacon and crumble it up and layer the meat filling with cheese and bread. It’s so good.
Top it all of with some cheddar and mozzarella cheese and bake until golden brown and nice and melty.
Hope you like this recipe as much as we do. Be sure to save the recipe to your PINTEREST dinner boards and give me a follow when you’re there. Also, head over to my Instagram, I have this recipe in my highlight videos.
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup yellow onion diced
- 1/2 lb bacon chopped
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 12 slices bread
- 1/2 cup Chef Sammy Garlic Butter or salted butter
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella and cheddar blend
- Heat oven to 400F.
- Cook ground beef in a large frying pan over medium-high heat with a tablespoon of butter.
- Brown ground beef and drain excess grease from the pan.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add mayo, ketchup, mustard, salt, pepper and onion powder. and stir well. Spread the slices of bread with the butter.
- Lay 6 pieces of bread, butter side down, in a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle 2 cups of the cheese on top of the bread.
- Spoon the meat mixture on top of the cheese and spread it out evenly. In the frying pan brown bacon until nice and crispy and place bacon over the meat mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining 2 cups of cheese over the meat and top with remaining 6 slices of buttered bread. Place baking dish in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.