Chocolate creamy dessert that is simple to make, delicious to eat and beautiful to serve.
I love dessert. I love eating it, making it, thinking about it..haha..and one of my favortie desserts is chocolate mousse. If you love it as well and want to make your own at home, it really is easy. Just a few ingredients and steps and you will be on your way to a decadent dessert that you’ll want to make again and again.
What you’ll need are:
Be sure to check out the recipe for full instructions and save it for later to your PINTEREST dessert board.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||2 hours refrigeration|
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cups whipping cream divided
- 8 ounces semi sweet baking chocolate chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, beat egg yolks for 3 minutes until thick. Gradually add the sugar while beating.
- In a small sauce pan heat up 1 cup of heavy cream until hot. With the mixer on medium, drizzle 1/2 of the hot cream into the eggs. Once combined, pour the mixture into the pot with the remaining 1/2 cup cream. Turn the heat to low and cook until thick, stirring constantly (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in the vanilla and then add in the chocolate in 3 batches, stirring over low heat until melted and smooth.
- Pour the warm chocolate mixture into a large bowl, cover, and place in fridge for 1.5-2 hours, stirring every 20-30 minutes. Once it is cooled and no longer warm, remove from the fridge and in a mixing bowl with wire attachment (or hand held mixer) whip up the remaining 1 1/2 cups heavy cream to stiff peaks. Fold the cream into the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Pipe or spoon the mouse into small glasses. Cover and place in fridge until ready to serve.
- Garnish with fresh whipped cream and shaved chocolate.