An easy one pot dish for Cilantro Lime Shrimp and Rice. Ready in 30 minutes or less.
This is a great one pot dish that is a delicious, healthy meal. I like to make it for dinner or even meal prep it for lunches. Start off by making your shrimp, use fresh shrimp, but if you are really short on time you can use frozen precooked shrimp, just defrost and reheat.
Once shrimp is done cooking you will add your rice to the same skillet. I usually use a quick cook rice, one that cooks in 15 minutes or less. Cook that until finished and add your lime juice, beans and cilantro.
Mix it together and add your shrimp back in and reheat for a minute.
Hope you enjoy this recipe. Be sure to save to your PINTEREST boards for the future.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound shrimp raw, peeled and deveined
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup jasmine rice uncooked (use a rice that takes 15 minutes or less to cook)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons lime juice freshly squeezed
- 15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
Black Bean Rice
- In a large skillet on medium heat, add olive oil. Add shrimp and garlic. Sprinkle salt and red pepper flakes. Cook shrimp about 3-4 minutes stirring once or twice until pink. Remonve from skillet to a plate.
- In the same skilled, add uncooked rice, broth and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low boil simmer and cover with a lid. Simmer for 15-20 minutes, covered until rice is cooked through. Mix in lime juice, drained black beans and cilantro.
- Add extra lime juice and cilantro to shrimp. Add shrimp to the skillet with rice to reheat. Serve with lime slices if wanted.