Tender, juicy chicken cooked to perfection with a brown sugar garlic sauce that is mouthwatering. Serve with your favorite sides and dinner is complete.
Myron and I just got back from a little vacation together. It was a nice little getaway but we were so happy to get back home to our daughters. Now it’s back to real life of laundry and dinner.
This is one of our favorite meals to make. Serve it on a bed of rice and with some steamed veggies or a salad and dinner is done. Hope you like it as much as we do.
As always, I’d love for you to save this on PINTEREST
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||40 minutes|
|Passive Time||50 minutes|
- 8 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a large oven-proof skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken, skin-side down, and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side; set aside.
- Melt remaining tablespoon butter in the skillet. Add garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in brown sugar, honey, oregano, thyme and basil until well combined. Return chicken to the skillet.
- Place into oven and roast until completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 175 degrees F, about 25-30 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.