Adorable bunny tart made with puff pastry and a cream cheese filling.
Perfect for your Easter festivities.
I’m absolutely postive this will be the biggest hit at your Easter breakfast,brunch,dinner. It is a beautiful tart with a cream cheese frosting. I ALWAYS use Philadelphia Cream Cheese because it makes my dishes so creamy and delicious and when mixing it up, it always mixes smooth. It’s just one of those items that I always have in my fridge. I use it in sweet and savory dishes all of the time. For this tart I start with frozen puff pastry sheets. You can find them in your freezer section and they come in a two pack. I let them defrost a little bit and then cut out and trace this bunny template onto both sheets and cut it out with a little paring knife.
Once you trace the bunny shape onto the puffed pastry, just bake according to instructions. I cut out little round shapes with the extra puff pastry to not waste it and fill with extra cream. While your bunnies are baking you can mix together your cream cheese filling and place into a piping bag with a large tip or into a ziploc baggie with the corner cut off (big enough to make a full dollop of cream). Let pastry cool and put down the first bunny.
Start piping large dots of cream cheese filling onto the bunny.
Next, layer the second bunny puff on top of the first one and repeat dollops of cream. Decorate the top with fruit, candy and flowers. I love using some fresh fruit that is in season as well as some festive Easter candy eggs.
Just look at how beautiful those layers are.
Be sure to decorate right before serving. Cut with a knife into portions and use any extra cream for your extra pastry cutouts. I usually make 2 or 3 of these if I’m feeding a bigger party or want bigger portions. It’s so cute and is definitley a crowd favorite.
Be sure to save the recipe to your Pinterest boards for later!
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 1 package frozen puff pastry 2 sheets
- 8 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese room temperature
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- fresh berries (strawberries blueberries, raspberries)
- chocolate eggs
- fresh flowers optional but so cute
- Defrost puff pastry sheets according to instructions.
- Print off a bunny template onto piece of paper (or you can make your own) and cut out. Place template on top of puff pastry and trace along with a sharp knife cutting out the shape of the bunny, repeat with second pastry sheet. Any extra pastry you can cut out mini circles with a cookie cutter.
- Place onto a baking sheet with parchment paper and bake according to instructions, make sure they are a light golden brown. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- While pastries are baking mix together cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract until creamy. In a separate bowl cream heavy cream into a stiff whipped cream. Fold into cream cheese mixture until incorporated and put into a piping bag with a large cylinder tip.
- Once bunny is cooled, pipe cream cheese mixture onto bunny #1 and place second bunny on top, pipe more cream cheese mixture onto the top. Decorate with fresh fruits, candy and flowers. Use remaining mixture for your extra round puff pastries and decorate or you can also use it as a dip for fruit. Enjoy!