Popovers with Cranberry Butter. They are perfect and delicious, made with homemade cranberry butter. Serve them right out of the oven and enjoy the light, buttery, delicious-ness.
We have been making popovers at this house for as long as I can remember. Growing up I remember my mom making these for our family, the smell fills your home and whenever I bake them I am instantly taken bak to my childhood. Just recently, maybe the past 3 years or so I have added the cranberry butter. I have the most delicious cranberry sauce that we make for Thanksgiving so we always make popovers and cranberry butter with the leftover cranberry sauce so it’s quickly become a tradition to use that cranberry sauce in this butter.
These popovers are so delicious and so super easy to make. I like to use a large muffin pan to make these, but you can also make mini ones and split the butter into 12 muffin tins instead.
How to make:
Heat your oven to 450F. and into each of the muffin cups you’ll ad a pad of butter. This is a 6 cup large muffin tin. Place pan with butter into oven and while the butter is melting start making the batter.
In a medium bowl you’ll whisk together the milk and eggs. Be sure to use room temperature ingredients for light and fluffy popovers. If you use cold ingredients they will still taste pretty good but will be really dense. Add in melted butter, flour and salt. Add batter to the pan and bake. While they are baking be sure to mix together your cranberry butter so you can enjoy the popovers right when they come out of the oven.
This is a picture of the batter into the melted butter. Don’t mind the quality of the picture, I was in a hurry.
Here is a short video of my Instagram story that I posted while I was making my most recent batch. They take only a few minutes to whisk together and in about 40 minutes you’ll be enjoying them.
One of these days I’ll really make a real video, but until then, this is as good as it gets…haha.
That’s it. So simple. Only 5 ingredients.
Be sure to save the recipe to your PINTEREST board for later.
- 6 teaspoons salted butter
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk at room temperature
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon salted butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Position a rack in lower third of oven. Make sure there is no rack above it. Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place 1 teaspoon of butter into a 6 cup large muffin pan. You can also use 12-cup muffin pans and make mini popovers. Put pan into oven so butter can melt while oven is heating.
- In a medium bowl which together milk and eggs until frothy. Add the melted butter, flour and salt and combine. There will probably be some small lumps, that is just fine.
- Carefully remove the pan from the oven and evenly divide the batter between the muffin tins, filling them 3/4 of the way full. Transfer pan back to the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Do not open the oven (you could defalte your popovers), lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for 15-20 more minutes, or until puffed, golden and crisp.
- While popovers are baking, make your cranberry butter. In a medium bowl mix together butter and cranberry sauce until combined.
- Serve immediately, with cranberry butter.