One skillet sour cream chicken enchiladas are the perfect dinner in 20 minutes. Made in one skillet makes dinner easy and is so delicious for any day of the week.
Life around here is busy as usual, volleyball season at the high school just ended but today my girls have tryouts for club volleyball which means that practices and games will be starting back up again and that means I need EASY, FAST dinners. These One Skillet Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas are such a life saver and so delicious with a side of shredded lettuce, pico, tortilla chips and any other toppings you would like.
To make life even easier I just use a rotisserie chicken, or you can use some chicken breasts that you have cooked. Cut and chop into pieces.
And don’t you just love my cute apron? My friend Mandy bought it for me for my birthday, it’s quickly become one of my favorites.
In a large skillet you will add your sauce ingredients and bring to them to a nice simmer and add in your chicken.
I’ve been loving my Bialetti Titan Cookware. You can find it at Bed Bath and Beyond.
I promise you, a good non-stick pan is a definite must when making skillet meals. They make clean up so much easier.
Once your sauce and chicken is heated through you will stir in come tortillas. I cut them into bite size pieces to make it easier.
Mix together and top with cheese, a shake of paprika and some cilantro if you love it.
It’s so gooey and delicious and full of flavor.
This is one you definitley want to PIN to your PINTEREST dinner board.
- 1 can green chili enchilada sauce 28-oz
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon chipotle chili powder optional
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 4 ounces chopped green chiles
- 4 ounces chopped black olives
- 1 rotisserie chicken cut and shredded
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 large flour tortillas cut into bite-sized pieces or corn
- 2 cups colby-jack cheese grated
- paprika optional
- cilantro optional
- In a large 12-inch Bialetti Titan Fry Pan, heat enchilada sauce, chili powder, salt, oregano, and black olives until heathed through. Add in cooked rotisserie chicken and heat until bubbly.
- Stir sour cream into the sauce and chicken along with the tortillas. Stir until combined and top with grated cheese. Cover pan and cook for 5-8 minutes until bubbly and the cheese is melted.
- If desired, garnish with a sprink of paprika dn chopped cilantro.
Shop here for items used for this recipe.