Chicken Divan is a delicious casserole dish that is perfect for dinner. Broccoli, chicken and cheese combination is a meal your family will ask for over and over again. Make it with a rotisserie chicken to cut even more time off of the recipe .
I love having a meal that feels like it is made with love. Chicken Divan is that meal and is so comforting and delicious. Now that the weather is turning cold and wet it means that we are indoors way more often than we would like. But that also means I have more time in the kitchen which means more time for dinner.
My second daughter has been so busy with volleyball and doesn’t get home from school until around 6:30 after practice. She comes home usually starving because she’s been working out hard in the gym. I know it’s important to get her a nice, homecooked meal and I know that she appreciates it when she gets home. You think teenage boys can eat? Girls can too. Especially athletes. But that is great, we have to feed those bodies and muscles.
Chicken Divan is one of our favorite meals. There are more steps to it than a quick meal, but it is worth it. Plus, if you are really in a hurry, just use a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken to cut the time on this recipe. Serve over a bed of rice or just on it’s own.
Enjoy and save the recipe for later.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||35 minutes|
- 3 TBS vegetable oil
- 1 pound broccoli florets cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed, 6 oz
- salt and pepper
- 2 shallots minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup dry sherry or apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese grated
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in 12-inch skillet over medium high heat until just smoking. Add broccoli and cook until spotty brown. About 1-2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup broth, cover, and cook until broccoli is tenter. Remove lid and cook until liquid has evaporated, about 1 m minute. Transfer broccoli to paper towel-lined plate.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in clean, dry skillet over medium-high heat until smoking. Meanwhile, spread flour in shallow dish. Season breasts with salt and pepper and dip in flour to coat. Add breasts and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes each side; transfer breasts to plate.
- Add shallots to empty skillet and cook until just softened (about a minute). Stir in cream and reamining 2 cups brotheth, scraping up any of those browned bits at bottom of skillet. Return breasts to skillet and simmer over medium-high heat until breasts are cooked at 160 degrees F, about 10 minutes. Transfer breasts to clean plate and tent with aluminum foil. Continue to simmer sauce until reduced to 1 cup. Add sherry and Worcestershire and simmer until reduced to 1 cup. Takes 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup Paresan. Whisk egg yolks and lemon juice together in a small bowl, then whisk in about 1/4 a cup of sauce. Remove skill from heat and whisk egg yolk mixutre into sauce, then whisk in butter. Transfer sauce to bowl.
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and turn on broiler. Slice chicken breasts into 1/2-inch thick slices and arrange in now empty skillet. Scatter broccoli over the chicken and pour sauce over broccoli. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan and broil until golden brown, about 2-4 minutes. Serve.
You can also use one small yellow onion in place of shallots.
I can’t find the recipe? I want to make your Chicken Divan but do I need to click on something to find it? Am I blind?
So sorry about that. I just updated it.