One Skillet Cheesy Tuna pasta made with BellaPortofino tuna is delicious, has a mellow flavor and is a meal you can get on the table in less than 20 minutes.
This is a sponsored post by Bella Portofino Pasta. All opinions are my own.
Now that school is back in session at our house I feel a bit overwhelmed with things. Getting girls to bed on time, getting them up and fed and off to school. Making sure they have a good lunch and teaching my youngest two at home while the older three are away to school. We also have volleyball and golf everyday that I carpool to and I am trying to get myself to the gym as often as I can but I am trying to figure out how to get used to this crazy schedule, to get my home and everything organized.
I am pretty sure I am not the only mom out there who is also overwhelmed with family life and schedules at some time in their life. One thing that saves my sanity is a quick dinner. This is why I love this one skillet cheesy tuna pasta. I like to use Bella Portofino tuna. It has a mellow flavor, is packed in EVOO and i just delicious.
To make this pasta it is super simple. In one skilled add in your ingredients. Pasta, butter, tuna, half and half, garlic, salt and pepper and water. Bring to a boil and simmer until pasta is cooked and most liquid is absorbed. Add in some peas and cheese and mix until nice and creamy.
I like to add a little bit of chopped parsley and serve with some crusty bread and a side salad a fruit. My family loves this meal and at the end of the day, no matter how crazy it may be always ends up good when I feel like we have a good meal together at the table discussing how our days went and just reconnecting.
I hope you like this recipe as much as we do. Be sure to pin it to your dinner PINTEREST boards for later.
- 2 cups pasta
- 2 cans Bella Portofino Tuna
- 2 cup cups half and half or 1 milk 1 heavy cream
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups Shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh peas
- Fresh cracked salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika Optional
- Fresh parsley optional
- In a large nonstick skillet: pour in 2 cups of the uncooked pasta; 2 tuna; 2 cups milk, water, butter, garlic, dry mustard, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, stir. Reduce the heat to low or medium low and cover.
- Allow to simmer until the pasta is completely cooked through and the liquid evaporated stirring occasionally.
- Once the liquid is absorbed, stir in the shredded cheddar cheese and the fresh peas.
- For a pretty garnish add fresh chopped parsley if desired.
I like to use a sharp cheddar that is freshly grated.