Peach Dutch Baby with browned butter, peaches, cinnamon and sugar. Simple and delicious.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to your PINTEREST board for later.
If you follow me on Instagram you probably have seen in my stories that I have been busy at my house picking peaches, canning peaches, peeling peaches, giving peaches away, freezing peaches, eating peaches. Our peach tree went absolutley bonkers this year and we have been eating all things peach. Name a peach food item and I’ve probably made it over the past couple of weeks. One of our favorite ways of using peaches would be this peach dutch baby pancake.
I love Dutch Baby pancakes. When I was pregnant with my fourth daughter I literally ate one every single day during my third trimester. I couldn’t get enough of them. They are easy to make, filling and extremely satisfying. Especially when you are expecting. One of the great things about a Dutch Baby is that you can add just about anything to the base recipe. This time I chose peaches because we are swimming in them. Slice your peaches and swirl them in some butter and top with the batter. Place in oven until browned and puffy.
The combination of browned butter, cinnamon and peaches is absolutely mouth watering.
The batter is simple. Milk, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, sugar, butter. As soon as it comes out of the oven I like to dust with a little powdered sugar because it so pretty and gives a little sweetness to the top.
Dig on in, top with some fresh whipped cream and maple syrup and you are in business.
I may not be pregnant this time, but this is definitley on my breakfast menu everyday this week.
You can get the recipe here.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
|Passive Time||25 minutes|
- 6 tablespoons butter separated
- 1-2 peaches thinly sliced
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- powdered sugar for dusting
- maple syrup whipped cream for serving
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Place 4 tablespoons butter and sliced peaches into 10-12 inch cast iron skillet. Brown butter and peaches on stovetop.
- In a blender or with a whisk, combine eggs, milk, flour, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and remiander 2 tablespoons melted butter. Make sure there are no large clumps of flour and batter is smooth.
- Pour batter over peaches and butter and place skillet into hot oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the pancake is fully puffed and browned on top. DO NOT open oven during first 10 mi notes or you might deflate your pancake.
- Remove dutch baby from the oven and dust with powdered sugar. Top with maple syrup and whipped cream. Enjoy!