This chicken stuffed avocado is the perfect lunch. It is full of flavor and completely fresh and satisfying.
Finding a quick, healthy lunch for my family is sometimes a hard thing to do but when I make these chicken stuffed avocados it is always a hit and they gobble them up. I love these because they are easy to make, full of flavor and even when not stuffing in avocados it is great on a bed of lettuce or as your filling in a sandwich or even topped on your favorite crackers.
You could also use tuna if you want (I am not a fan of canned tuna so we never eat it).
If you need a great idea for lunch, be sure to save this recipe to your PINTEREST page and be sure to follow me for more ideas.
- 1 avocado halved and pitted
- 1 12.5 oz can chicken drained and shredded (I just shred with a fork)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoons minced jalapeno
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Scoop out most of the avocado from the pitted area so you have a bowl. Put scooped avocado and mayonnaise in a small bowl and mash/stir until combined and creamy.
- Add the chicken, bell pepper, jalapeno, and cilantro to the mixing bowl. Pour lime juice over. Stir it all together until everything is well mixed.
- Scoop the chicken mixture into the avocado bowls. Season with salt and pepper.