Chocolate bundt cake with cream cheese frosting is full of flavor. Wrap them up individually for a fun party gift and don’t feel guilty eating more than one.
Valentine’s Day is today and we just got a fun delivery at the door from my nephews for my girls. Chocolate dipped strawberries and chocolate roses. As I am sitting here writing this post I am watching my toddler crack eggs into the bowl with her dad as he makes us his traditional Valentine’s Day breakfast.
Usually we wake up to a wonderful breakfast and the house decorated with some sort of fun, cheesy decor. Because today was a school day and my high schooler leaves so early in the morning he is making us breakfast for dinner instead. We did however wake up to a cute banner strung in the kitchen. He really is the cutest.
This afternoon daughter #3 decided she was going to make dad some chocolate bundt cakes. It really is so easy to make. She is twelve and made it from start to finish. I didn’t do one thing. Didn’t even pipe on the frosting. How awesome is that!
We have been using this recipe for years and I haven’t even shared it yet so I figured I would hurry and pull out the camera and click some pictures to share with you.
I love this recipe because I usually have most of these items on hand. It is semi-homemade and it made by doctoring up a boxed cake mix and topped with a delicious cream cheese frosting. We usually sprinkle some extra mini chocolate chips on top, but because it’s Valentine’s Day and all, she just added some simple and sweet heart sprinkles.
So this is what we will be enjoying tonight after our traditional breakfast. This and the yummy strawberries from my sister.
Happy Valentine’s Day my friends. I love you and send you virtual hugs to wherever you are.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to your PINTEREST BOARDS
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix can also use devils food or German chocolate
- 1 small box of instant chocolate pudding 3.9 oz.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
Chocolate Bundt Cakes:
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Mix cake mix, pudding, sour cream, eggs water, oil together. Then, add chocolate chips and stir until completely incorporated.
- Pour batter into mini bundt pans (or one large bundt pan)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes for mini, 35-40 minutes for large pan.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from the pan(s) and move to a cooling rack.
- Once the cake(s) is/are completely cooled, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. You can frost them now, or wait until just before you serve them.
- Allow cake(s) to sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter until creamy.
- Add vanilla and stir until combined.
- Gradually stir in the powdered sugar.
- Place frosting in a pastry bag and apply to completely cooled cake(s), If you choose to wait to frost them, then refrigerate frosting until ready to use.