Pretty in pink Valentine’s Day Sundae with cherry chocolate chip ice cream and homemade hot fudge
will make your heart swoon.
This morning I was cleaning my house and decided I’d look for my Valentine’s Day decorations. We searched and searched the basement and dug through a million bins and could not find them anywhere. I have no clue what happened to them which means I should probably make a trip to Home Goods or Target or somewhere fun to replace the missing decor. It’s only fair right?!
Since we aren’t decorating we decided to make some cute Valentine’s Day sundaes. They could be eaten anyway of the year, but they are so cute for LOVE day with the pink ice cream, sprinkles and homemade HOT FUDGE!! I wrote a post about this fudge last year. It is still my go-to fudge and so, so good!
I found these darling cups at the thrift store for $1.00 each. In each cup we added a sugar cone, topped with cherry chocolate chip ice cream, topped with the best hot fudge ever,some whipped cream and topped with a cherry. Sprinkle on some heart sprinkles, toss in some Pokey sticks and a macaron and it turns into the cutest sundae for the ones you love most.
I’m not sure if you have any cups like that, but you could use these cute waffle cone ones that I found on Amazon.
Don’t forget to pin the recipe to your “SWEET TREATS” board.
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 stick Salted Butter Cut Into Pieces
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- In a medium saucepan, gently whisk together the cocoa powder and sugar.
- Whisk in the cream, then turn the heat to medium and whisk it as it warms up.
- Once mixture is warm and thick, add the butter and stir it in to melt.
- While it is hot, add the vanilla and stir it to combine. Let the sauce cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer it to a mason jar. Store it in the fridge (it will become solid as it cools).
- To serve, scoop out the amount you need and place it in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat it for 20 seconds, then stir and heat for another 10 or until the sauce is warm.