Fresh and simple cowboy caviar dip is a perfect for pot-lucks, tailgate parties or summer picnics.
Fresh ingredients tossed together in under 10 minutes.
I have been cooped up in this house for over a week now being sick. I was able to go out on Friday and get some fresh air and lunch with Myron and the girls which was nice. On Friday we also got a bunch of snow which means it is cold, cold, cold here in Utah and all I can do is wish that summer is here. One thing that totally reminds me of summer is this cowboy caviar.
Now lets talk about cowboy caviar. I know that it is one that many of you may already use but it’s good to be reminded of dishes that you love but sometimes forget about. I probably had this dip for the first time 8-9 years ago at my sisters bridal shower and have been hooked ever since.
It is so easy to put together and is fresh and delicious. Beans, corn, onion, red and green peppers, jalapeño, avocado, cilantro all tossed together with a simple vinaigrette is full of flavor. We eat it with tortilla chips (usually the scoop ones so you can scoop up everything), but you can totally eat alone as a salad as well.
The Super Bowl is right around the corner and this dip is the perfect addition to your football game treats. I found the cute football serving dishes at Dollar Tree, they have the serving tray and little bowls there. Hopefully you can find some too, they really make game day a little more fun.
Don’t forget to add this pin to your side dish/appetizer Pinterest boards.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Passive Time||10 minutes|
- 3 Roma tomatoes seeds removed, diced
- 2-3 ripe avocados diced
- 1 15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz can black eyed peas rinsed and drained
- 1 can sweet corn rinsed and drained
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- cup ⅓red onion diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeds removed, diced
- cup ⅓Cilantro finely chopped (optional for you non-cilantro lovers)
- cup ⅓olive oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- tsp ½salt
- tsp ½pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Tortilla chips for serving
- In a large bowl combine tomatoes, avocado, onion, black beans, black eyed peas, corn, pepper, jalapeno pepper, and cilantro. Stir well to combine all ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, red wine vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Pour dressing over other ingredients and gently mix together well.
- Keep refrigerated. Be sure to give it a quick stir again before serving if not serving immediately.