This spinach and artichoke dip is perfect go-to appetizer for parties.
Flaky, brown biscuits surround the dip make it easy to dip and beautiful to look at.
The new year is right around the corner and I have so many thoughts in my head about what I want to do and what I want to accomplish this next year. We try to set little goals at first and then build on them throughout the year. One big goal however for me is making sure we plan a family vacation for 2018.
This year we did a couple of mini vacations. We went to St. George, UT with our neighbors. Now that might sound weird because most people don’t even know their neighbors, but we love ours and have been on numerous trips and camping trips with them. We really are so blessed to live in the area that we do. We have many neighbors that have become such great friends. We also took a trip to Seattle, WA for our family reunion. It was so much fun. Definitely lots and lots of laughs and food…
One thing that we do when we get together with family and friends is eat good food. Maybe next time we have game night I’ll make this spinach artichoke dip. It is so good and really easy to mix together and bake.
I used a can of refrigerated biscuits to make a ring around the skillet and filled it with the spinach dip. So good! You can also make an extra can of biscuits for more dipping fun or dip your favorite tortilla chips.
Be sure to PIN this recipe to your appetizer board on Pinterest.
I can’t wait to see what 2018 brings. Hopefully it will bring more fun with our friends and a couple of family vacations…preferably Hawaii…
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
|Passive Time||30 minutes|
- 1 can refrigerated biscuits
- olive oil for brushing biscuits
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 can artichoke hearts drained and chopped, 14 ounce
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach thawed, drained and squeezed dry, 10 ounce
- 1 1/2 blocks cream cheese 12 ounces
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded and divided
- 1/4 cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- crushed red pepper flakes for garnish (optional)
- Heat over to 350 degrees F. Half biscuits and flatten each one out and roll into a ball and place in oven-proof skillet with seam side down. Arrange into a ring around the skillet. Brush biscuits with olive oil and sprinkle with parmesan.
- In a large bowl combine sour cream, pepper, garlic, artichoke hearts, spinach, cream cheese and stir until combined. Add in 1 cup of mozzarella and half of the parmesan; still well.
- Spoon mixture into center of biscuit ring and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and parmesan. Sprinkle with a little bit of red pepper flakes (optional).
- Bake 15-20 minutes until biscuits are golden brown and dip is heated through and bubbly. Enjoy!