Disclosure: This crunchy chicken taco cups post is sponsored by Vivo Spice. Compensation has been given but all opinions are my own.
I don’t know about you but I am already sugared out this month. Whenever the holidays come around all of the delicious treats come too. One thing that we can do to balance that out is by making some delicious, easy savory dishes. I’m sure your guests would love to have an amazing appetizer as well. These crunchy chicken taco cups are so easy to make and are a hit as an appetizer or even as a weekday dinner.
There is a cool little company in Utah called Vivo Spice and I was lucky to get my hands on a couple of bottles of it. Over the past couple of months we have enjoyed it so many ways. On top of nachos, put it on cream cheese and dip tortilla chips in it, I seasoned my pot roast one night with it and seared it before finishing in the crockpot and then our favorite so far was using it for these taco cups. This little bottle of spices is full of flavor and so delicious. You can find it here on Amazon. They would make great stocking stuffers for the cook in your life.
Let’s talk about the chicken first. I am a crockpot kinda gal (especially in the winter), ok that is actually a lie because I use it all of the time. I am a busy lady and when I can put dinner in the crockpot at the beginning of the day before life gets too crazy it really makes dinner time so much easier. And if you’re wondering if you can put this in the Instant Pot, I’m sure you can but you may have to adjust the liquid. I don’t have an Instant Pot (gasp) but if you try it in yours, let me know how it turns out!
Just throw in a few chicken breasts, top with Vivo Spice mix, green chilis, tomato paste and some water and you my friend are set in a couple of hours. Once chicken is cooked thoroughly just shred with your fork and keep in the crockpot and all those amazing flavor juices until you are ready to fill your taco cups.
These little cups are wonton wrappers, just sprinkle them with some more Vivo Spice. One thing about Vivo Spice is that it does not have any salt in it so it is perfect to use on your tortilla chips so it’s not too salty. For the wontons if you want to add some salt to them as well then knock yourself out!
Press into sprayed muffin tin and bake at 350 for 6- 8 minutes or until golden brown.
Seriously! So easy.
Once your cups are baked just fill them with some chicken and top with your favorite taco toppings. This is really fun for a party and your guests can even do their own or you can have them pre-filled. My hubby just cut me some 1×4 pieces of wood and I stained them, they are a fun board to set your stuff out on for parties instead of a normal plate.
I hope you enjoy these with someone you love. They are so simple and so delicious. I promise you will want some so get you some Vivo Spice in your life.
Before I get ya the recipe, just a reminder to save this to your dinner Pinterest Board!
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons VIVO SPICE mix
- 1 small can diced green chilis
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 Lime juice of lime
- 1/4 cup water
- Place chicken breast in crockpot and top with VIVO SPICE mix, green chilis, tomato paste, lime juice and water. Turn on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Once chicken is cooked shred with two forks (I usually just shred it while it is still in the crockpot). Keep shredded chicken in crockpot and let it cook another 20-30 minutes.
- While chicken is in crockpot soaking up all those delicious flavors you can heat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Open your wonton wrappers and place one or you can layer with two and sprinkle with VIVO SPICE mix. Place wonton wrappers in pan and bake 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Fill cooked wonton cups with chicken and top with your favorite toppings.