This is the traditional holiday pumpkin pie. This classic recipe has been on LIBBY’S® Pumpkin labels since 1950. This pie is easy to prepare and even easier to enjoy. Just mix, pour, bake for a delicious homemade tradition.
For generations my family has use Libby’s pumpkin pie recipe. It is so easy to make and is delicious. I have tried other recipes and this one is still my families favorite. We always go back to it because if it’s not broken, no reason to fix it. Top off your slice with a big dollop of whipped cream and you are in business.
Now the question is. Do you like your pumpkin pie warm or cold?
I love it cold. My dad always eats it warm. What do you choose?
However you choose to have it, enjoy it with people you love.
I just wanted to take a minute to express my gratitude for all of you who follow me and encourage me each day. I’ve only been doing this for a year and I am so grateful for all of you. I hope to learn and grow more and hope to be able to share more fun, delicious and beautiful things with you all.
Have a great Thanksgiving. Now go enjoy some pumpkin pie.
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin 15 oz.
- 1 can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 fl. oz.
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep-dish pie shell 4-cup volume
- Whipped cream optional
- MIX sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- POUR into pie shell.
- BAKE in preheated 425° F oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream before serving.