Delicious peach cobbler made with fresh peaches and cakey topping.
Serve with vanilla ice cream and it is a dessert you want to come back to again and again.
I cannot believe summer is over. Luckily we have been blessed with some pretty great weather here so we are still trying to soak up as much sun as possible. I have been trying to get our yard cleaned up in preparation for fall and the other day while out in our backyard we were able to harvest some peaches from our peach tree.
Last year we had an abundance of peaches and I canned peaches and made jam for 3 days. It was exhausting but we are still loving on our peaches from last year. This year we only got about a dozen of them but they were ginormous and oh so sweet. When we brought them in we immediately got them washed, pitted and peeled and made this peach cobbler.
My second daughter Larissa loves peaches so much so I knew I had to make this for her. It is a combination of a couple of recipes that I had and we added just a bit of cinnamon to it. At our first try I had more and cut it because it seemed like it overpowered the sweetness of the peaches and when I have cobbler I want to taste peach and not so much spice.
This recipe is really easy to make but just takes a little bit of time to peel peaches, but it is so worth it. You can also use drained, canned peaches or frozen thawed and drained but fresh peaches is most definitely the best. Use the drained liquid in place of (in addition to) the water.
Also, do you see that cute napkin? It is from the Pioneer Woman’s line and you can get the same set here…I love them.
Before you get to the recipe, don’t forget to PIN this recipe for later so you have it for easy access. And if you make this recipe, please share on Instagram or Facebook and tag me and use hashtag #kuuipovearecipe I’d love to see what you’re up to in the kitchen.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||40 minutes|
|Passive Time||50 minutes|
- 6-8 cups peeled and sliced peaches
- 2/3 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a glass 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine peaches, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Add water and lemon juice and stir to combine. Pour peach mixture into the pan and dot with butter.
- In the same bowl add flour, sugar, baking powder and salt to make your cobbler topping.
- Mix your dry ingredients together and pour in milk and melted butter. Stir until combined, it will be a little lumpy.
- Add spoonfuls of topping over the peach layer.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until your topping is baked through.
- Let sit for a few minutes before serving and enjoy with your favorite vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Recipe adapted from All Recipes
This was so yummy
Thanks!Glad you liked it.