This homemade alfredo sauce is creamy, delicious and a recipe you will go back to again and again.
My oldest daughter is the biggest alfredo fan I know, she loves Olive Garden’s sauce so when she was little I figured I should make my own sauce so she could have as much as she wanted to. Any time I make this alfredo we never have a drop left. It is so much better than any jarred stuff out there.
It is simple to make with just a few ingredients and takes just a few minutes. Probably takes longer to read this post than it does to whip this pot of deliciousness together.
When I made it the other night I figured I should hurry and take a photo of it before it was gone. I didn’t have any garlic powder (seriously, who am I?) so I just doubled up the minced garlic and it was just the same.
When finished you can toss it with your favorite pasta or use it to dip bread sticks, garlic bread, pizza. It is so good my friends. I am my teenage daughters hero when I make this. She even did all of the dishes after because she was so happy…LOL
So good…don’t forget to pin it for later!
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||5 minutes|
|Passive Time||15 minutes|
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream 2 cups
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a medium saucepan add butter, heavy whipping cream, and cream cheese. Cook over medium heat until melted.
- Add the minced garlic, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Continue to whisk until smooth.
- Add the grated parmesan cheese.
- Bring to a simmer and continue to cook for about 3-5 minutes or until it starts to thicken and parmesan in melted.
- Toss it with your favorite pasta!