East to make summer breakfast tacos are made with fresh, delicious ingredients. So simple to make for any day of the week.
I love breakfast burritos. I remember when I was in high school I would stop at Beto’s and get their breakfast burrito several times a week. It probably had 12,000 calories in it because was gigantic, and I didn’t even gain one pound from eating those burritos. Now would be a different story. Sometimes it sucks getting old..
What doesn’t suck are these easy summer breakfast tacos. They aren’t anything fancy schmancy, but they are so good. I love that summer is here and we can use fresh ingredients right out of the garden. I usually make these with just eggs, but my hubby always needs some meat so he feels like he had a meal so for this recipe I added some sausage. You can make them with our without.
Must have’s for these tacos are eggs, avocado, cilantro, cherry tomatoes, queso fresco, lime, your favorite salsa and I used street size tortillas so I don’t feel bad eating 3…or 4..or however many I want. To get those beautiful charred edges, I threw them on top of my gas stovetop and charred them for a few seconds. You could throw yours on the grill if you don’t have a gas stovetop, or you could just heat them in a pan or in the microwave.
One extra ingredient that I love on eggs in Nori Komi Furikake rice seasoning. You can find it HERE or at your local Asian market. Sometimes you can find it in the Asian food aisle at your grocery store as well. I love the flavor of it and use it on my eggs all of the time and on white steam rice. This variety is simple and delicious made of sesame seeds, seaweed flakes, salt and sugar only. Contains no bonito fish flakes.
Now aren’t you ready to make some?
If so, be sure to PIN the recipe for later.
- 8 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- small corn or flour tortillas I used street taco size. 4-inch
- 2 avocado thinly sliced
- 2 green onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup salsa for topping
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
- 1-2 tablespoon nori furikake seasoning
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat and add sausage. Cook/crumble until brown and no longer pink. Drain any excess fat.
- Wipe down skillet and over medium-low head add 1 tablespoon of butter. Lightly beat the eggs until just combined and then pour in the skillet. Stir and toss until the eggs cook, and right before them firm up, stir in the remaining tablespoon of butter and toss until it's incorporated in the scrambled eggs.
- To assemble the tacos, add the sausage and sliced avocado on the bottom. Top with the eggs, tomatoes, some green onion, cilantro, salsa, queso fresco and a touch of furikake if you'd like.