One pot Fried Cheese and Beef Dip is full of flavor. You can’t stop eating because it is just so good.
I’m not sure about where you live but the weather here in Utah is, well…Utah. One day it is Summer and the next day it is snowing. It really is the strangest weather and you never know what you’re going to get. If you are having wonderful warm weather or sad, cold weather, this cheese dip will be a winner.
This is perfect for tail-gaiting, pot-lucks or for an appetizer (or meal). I love this recipe because it is so easy to make and you only need one pot!
This recipe does call for Manchego cheese which is a delicious Spanish hard cheese made of sheep’s milk. You can use 8oz. of it and chop it for this recipe. However, sometimes your grocery store may not carry it, but no worries. If you look in the shredded cheese section of your grocery store (or in the Mexican cheese section), you will find a shredded cheese blend that has Manchego in it. Pictured below is Sargento’s brand but there are many others as well. This works perfectly if you cannot get your hands on a block of Manchego.
This cheesy dip is full of flavor and is one of those “I can’t stop eating this, take it away from me” dishes. It is delicious but definitely not fat free. Perfect for those who are in Utah freezing your bums off.
Hope you enjoy it!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
|Passive Time||30 minutes|
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning divided, 1 ounce
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can chopped green chiles
- 8 ounces low fat cream cheese
- 7 ounces manchego cheese shredded (you can use a Mexican cheese blend with Manchego as well)
- cup ½pico de gallo
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- cup ¼chopped fresh cilantro
- More pico de gallo for garnish
- Tortilla chips for dipping
- In an 8 inch skillet, heat the ground beef over medium high heat, crumbling as you cook. When almost cooked through, add the green chiles and ½ packet taco seasoning and continue to stir while they cook and combine.
- Add in the cream cheese and manchego, continuing to stir and combine all the ingredients until bubbling.
- Stir in the pico de gallo and reduce heat to low/medium.
- Sprinkle with the mozzarella and cilantro and allow to bubble until top cheese melts. Do not stir in the mozzarella, allow it to create a top crust on the dip.
- Top with more pico and serve warm with your favorite tortilla chips.