The ultimate comfort food. This lemon chicken piccata is crispy, melt-in-your mouth perfect. It is easy to make for dinner with the family for any night of the week.
I don’t know about you but sometimes I feel like our dinners menu feels like it is the same thing week after week. We have our favorite things that we like to rotate around, but I try to add in new things as well. This lemon chicken piccata has made our rotation. The first time I made it my girls and husband all gave it two thumbs up and said it is a definite keeper forever.
I love how simple and quick this chicken dish is to make! It’s definitely fit for a weeknight meal and it’s something everyone can agree on. To me this Chicken Piccata is perfect. I can never get enough of that golden brown exterior on chicken cutlets and the rich flavor thee lemon sauce brings, it is buttery, light and puts this dish over the edge. Serve it on top of these garlic mashed potatoes or a bed of linguini and you are the dinner hero for the night. This is definitely a recipe I’ll make again and again…and again. I hope you love it enough you’ll do the same! Weeknight comfort food here we come!
*TIP-If you have regular sized chicken breasts, place into a ziplock back and pound them flat with a meat tenderizer before seasoning.
PIN FOR LATER
- 6 thinly sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 cup Italian seasoned dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Olive oil for sautéing
- 1 cup white grape juice
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- slices of lemon and chopped fresh parsley for serving
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Season chicken breast pieces with salt and pepper to taste.
- Get three shallow bowls (I use pie plates), in one add flour, in another bowl, add beaten eggs. In the 3rd bowl, whisk together breadcrumbs and paprika.
- Dip seasoned chicken one at a time into flour then eggs, then breadcrumbs coating both sides. Place breaded chicken onto a baking sheet to rest. Repeat with all chicken breasts until complete.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a medium sized saute pan over medium heat.
- Add two chicken breasts at at time to pan and cook on both sides until golden brown. As each piece is finished, place the chicken breast on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place all of the chicken in the oven when it is done and continue cooking. Bake 15-20 minutes or until cooked thoroughly.
- Clean the saute pan and put back over medium high heat.
- add white grape juice and lemon juice to pan and boil until reduced by half. Season with salt and pepper to taste then turn off heat and add butter, swirling in the sauce to completely melt.
- To serve, ladle sauce over chicken and garnish with lemon slices and parsley.
Recipe Adapted by Ina Garten
Shop items for this recipe here.