Delicious, creamy lemon bars have the perfect buttery crust and are custardy and filled with lemon flavor. Perfection!
After the holidays filled with pumpkin and peppermint and chocolate, I have been wanting something different. I immediately thought of lemon bars because they remind me so much of summer and I want summer to be here already. This recipe comes for Ina Garten and it does not disappoint.
I am in the process of planning a birthday tea party and these lemon bars just made the cut!
The filling on this bar is ooey-gooey and oh, so delicious.
The crust is flakey and butter and literally melts in your mouth.
The top layer is crispy and sugary and looks so pretty.
This recipe is always a winner.
Give it a try.
- 2 sticks butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- For the filling:
- 6 extra-large eggs
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup flour
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line a 9x13 pan with foil or parchment, and lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cream together the butter and sugar. Mix in the flour and salt until dough forms.
- Press the dough into the pan, building up 1/2 inch crust on all sides.
- Bake the crust for 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Chill.
- Whisk together all of the remaining ingredients (except the powdered sugar), and pour into the cooled crust. Bake for 30-35 minutes until filling is set. Let cool to room temperature or chill overnight.
- Dust with powdered sugar before cutting and serving.
Recipe source: FoodNetwork.com
Shop items for this recipe- by doing so you are supporting this small business. Thank you!